My dear wonderful mom came to take care of us for a week. She came bearing gifts: Garrett's popcorn from Chicago (best treat in the world) and beautiful handmade baby blankets and burp cloths. She played with the kids all day, did fun activities with them, played games with them, took them for walks, took care of them, snuggled them, and they immediately bonded with her and went to her for comfort and wanted to do everything with her. It was so awesome to see the love. She was giving them what I couldn't and it meant so much. She taught Josh to play Memory and then played it with him a gazillion times over the week. Josh taught her to play Guess Who? She watched the kids' favorite movies with them (she NEVER sits through movies :-)) and totally laughed at the funny parts, I think she might've actually enjoyed herself ;-). Emma got especially attached to her and gave her soooo many hugs and snuggles and would tell me, "Mom, I love Grandma. I love my Grandma." She cried pretty hard when she woke up and couldn't find Grandma (the morning she'd left).
She held Jack so I could go to the bathroom, shower, and eat :-). She did the dishes and kept the house clean. She made dinner. One day I thought I could do something "normal" so I started making blueberry muffins since that sounded really good, but I just couldn't do it so she swooped in and made them for me :-). And they were delicious. I especially loved visiting with her and having her around to spend time with her, it really lifted my spirits. It was so great having her and so hard to say goodbye. Luckily we'll see her again in a week and a half when we go to Utah for my sister's wedding!
Made a candy necklace with Emma
Read books (LOTS of books) with Emma
Bubbles on the deck
We went out to dinner on her last day with us.
No comments:
Post a Comment