8.22.2015

The Trek West Part 2

So Wednesday (August 12th) Brandon picked up the moving truck and friends from the ward came to help load it up with boxes and the few furniture items we were taking with us. Then he hooked up a trailer to the back of the truck to put his car on. Then the house was totally empty. Brandon slept on the floor that night and used a towel as a blanket. Then left really early the next morning to drive the 15 hour drive to my parents house in Iowa.

 
When he texted me this picture of our house as he was pulling away before the sun had even risen and told me he said bye to our house for me, I totally broke down and started crying. Again, it hit me a little more that we were really moving.

Brandon got to my parents house around 10:30 that night (Thursday, August 13th), we left early Friday morning. Josh went with Brandon in the moving truck.


My sister Abigail came with me, Emma, and Jack in the van. Again, that day traveling I saw so many miracles. When Jack would start to fuss when it was around time for him to eat I would pray to know where to stop that would be a good place to park and feed him and get gas, go to the bathroom, and maybe get out and walk around and we ended up stopping around lunchtime at a place that right by the gas station was this perfect grassy area for us to have a picnic lunch and Emma could run around. I just remember feeling so grateful for that. We made it all the way to Cheyenne, Wyoming that night (over 11 hours away!). There was just enough space for all of us in that hotel room haha, we used every inch of floor space, but we all slept great! Seriously I couldn't believe it. Jack hadn't slept well the whole time we were at my parents house but at the hotel that night he slept from 10pm til 6am!! And he woke up happy so it wasn't a jarring wake up call. I was so thankful for that.



We had breakfast and hit the road. We only stopped once and got to Brandon's sister Ashley's house in Midway around 4pm. I was so glad our trek was over. Not that the hard work was over but we all made it to Utah! (Saturday, August 15th) We are so grateful to Ashley and EJ for letting us move in and live with them for awhile until we find a place. They are so incredibly giving. It feels like they are serving as God's hands right now providing a comfortable place for us to live in this transitional time. I don't know what we would have done without their hospitality and love for us at this time. Not to mention we LOVE them and love spending time with them and it's going to be so enjoyable and special to have this time with them.

No comments: